Salt Creek Beach

Salt Creek Beach is located in Dana Point which is the furtherest beach from my house but its completely worth the drive. This beach is huge in every aspect. It has a huge parking lot. It has a huge green field that you walk down too before getting to the beach. The beach itself is also…huge. 

One reason I really love this beach is because of the grassy field. Theres no other beaches in Orange County that have this big of a field in front. During summer days many people lay out with their dogs or with picnics looking out to the beautiful ocean. During the summer theres music concerts out on the grass during golden hour. That just sounds like the best summer day. I haven’t attend a concert here yet but it is on my summer to do list. 

The second reason I love this beach is because of the parking. Beach parking can really ruin your experience. You can spend thirty minutes finding a parking spot thats a mile away from the beach and that you have to parallel park in. That alone can ruin my perfect beach day (I can’t parallel park for the life of me). This beach has tons of parking and even if there isn’t a open spot when you first arrive within 10 minutes someone will be leaving (and no parallel parking required). One time when I came someone was leaving and they still had time left on their ticket so they gave me their ticket. So I got their awesome parking spot as well as free parking. The parking really isn’t expensive either the most you will spend is $5. 

I can’t find one con to this beach. It has excellent waves and an ideal beach size. The water is not as clear as Laguna but honestly nothing really beats Laguna. Once you leave the beach I recommend venturing out into Dana Point. Its a really cute and clean beach town with nice restaurants. 

All photos are my own




Comments

  1. Beautiful. The green next to the water really changes the whole look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Historic District

Balboa Peninsula

Pacific Beach