Corna Del Mar


If you were to ask what beach I grew up at I would say Corna Del Mar. This beach has a special place in my heart. I spent many evenings, after school, boogie boarding until the sun set. On the drive back I would be so wiped out from playing so much in the water. I would fall asleep in the back seat with wet, sand filled hair. I have so many fond memories of playing around with my family and having after school adventures.

Perks of this beach is it has a great parking. The lot is huge and conveniently placed right next to the beach. Its also really easy to get to. No tiny streets like Laguna or secret entrances. The beach itself has a large amount of sand to lounge out on and the waves are the perfect size to go boogie boarding on. 

Corna Del Mar has another smaller section called “Little Corna”. In my family we refer to this beach as “Baby Beach”.  I find Baby Beach much more charming then the larger section. To get to it you have to climb over some rocks (or use the stairs which isn’t as fun). In Baby Beach theres a life guard tower out in the water and rocks that people jump off of. Theres also tide pools and more tame waves. Baby Beach has a great view of the Balboa peninsula and the bay. Its a lot of fun to watch the boats come and go. 

Though this beach is filled with many great memories its not my favorite. Its a bit dirty and its packed with kids during the summer. The water is also not as crystal clear as Laguna’s. In terms of beaches in Orange County it is pretty average. 



View from parking lot
View from Baby Beach


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historic District

Balboa Peninsula

Pacific Beach