Balboa Peninsula


This week I will be talking about Balboa Peninsula. You might recall earlier in the blog I talked about Balboa Island, which might be a little confusing so I will explain. Balboa Peninsula is attached to the main land while the island is attached with a bridge. The part that confuses me though is every time I go to Balboa Peninsula I take a ferry. So I mix up the names of Balboa Peninsula and Island. The reason I always take a ferry is because it takes a long time to drive through the peninsula to get to the main part of Balboa Peninsula. I’ve attached a picture below to help understand.



I always have a great time at  Balboa Peninsula because it has everything. Theres restaurants, shops, carnival rides, ice cream shops, and of course the beach. Theres places you can rent bikes and stand up paddle boards. Theres a section called ‘The Fun Zone’ and it has a waterfront Ferris Wheel, an arcade, and a nautical museum. Everything’s walking distance from each other. Its like a very small community located on this peninsula.

Some cons are the parking. You can either drive the whole way through the peninsula and hopefully score a spot in one of their tiny paid parking lots. Or you can park on the island and take the ferry (which is about $1). Finding parking on the island is also not easy. Another con is the waves at the beach. The waves crash very hard on the sand due to when the tide is. 

This is a great place to spend the entire day at. You can park your car at the island and spend the first half of the day there. Then take the ferry over and enjoy ‘The Fun Zone’, have some ice cream, and chill out at the beach. 

I don't have any pictures so I've attached some below:




Comments

  1. I like this place. I think the idea of a small peninsula is what sounds good to me. I guess since you take the ferry though it is just like an island but I like islands too, and ferries. I once camped on an island for a week in lake Superior. I had to take a three hour long ferry there which was a great time. I napped on the front deck in the sun and occasionally large waves would come crashing over. That probably sounds bad but it was fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks like a nice place to stay! I was in California this past Spring Break, so this definitely looks like a place I would want to see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Historic District

Pacific Beach